Friday, July 23, 2010

Oasis

Something opposite of a tiring stretch of something else.

A drink of water in the midst of thirst.

A smile cracked in the midst of gloom.

A ray of sunshine on a rainy day.

A text message in the middle of the night.

A weekend night out after examinations.

A gathering of youths to strengthen fellowship in Christ.


I find oases all the time, in my life. A sudden relief of a situation that I'd been stuck in for quite some time. I thank God for them, for they are like stepping stones; they keep me going forward. There are times when I am stuck, and perhaps sometimes, I slip. But so far, so good, I'm still moving on.

I find myself needing to take breaks from things I thought I'd never be tired of. Last time, it was an obsession with RPGs. Then, the need to always be tasting something spicy and sour. Facebook's another thing I thought I'd always be addicted to, but every time I set my abstinence, I don't find it difficult at all not to go online. There are other more important examples that I have, but I don't wish to share them here.

It's something people sometimes call a 'breather'. We all tend to desire for breathers from all sorts of things. I do. But there is specifically one thing I don't want ever to want to take a break from.

Dynamics. Always changing. Humans are. People are. I know how much some of us hate it when friends change. It hurts even worse when they were the most precious people in your life, once upon a time. It's like losing a treasure. Or maybe, it's like treasure being damaged so much, it no longer holds any value.

I thank God that He never changes. He loves us, He's always there, His Word never fades. I will never need an oasis in the middle of God, and God help me not to ever want one. Because God Himself is my oasis from all things.

God, is Love.

Signed, Carmelia.


Feeling, neutral.
Thinking, I want to be as consistent as I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment