Monday, July 5, 2010

Plan your work, work your plan. Good try.

This is my 'get-it-done' list, from //LIVE*


Planning to:

1. Get my very own camera. Check.

2. Get my very own laptop. Check.

3. Pass Piano Practical Grade 7. We'll see, won't we?

4. Finish writing a novel. Forget about this until after STPM.

5. Get my novel published. Ditto.

6. Watch the complete set of Ouran Host Club. Check.

7. Cook curry.

8. Bake cookies on my own.

9. Visit Cheshire Home.

10. Lose ten kilograms. This is so difficult. I can go days without food, but people around me will get all uptight and over worry. Eat a little this, eat a little that. I eat a little, it triggers serious hunger pangs. We'll see.

11. Go on vacation with friends. I wish.

12. Stay and have fun in a posh hotel with friends. Check.

13. Take picture with a mime artist.

14. Post first ever v-log.

15. Make a cloth doll.

16. Play an electric guitar. Working on it. It's taking me a long time to be able to play the acoustic smoothly, but I'm progressing.

17. Bring Bunny for a dry-clean session. How can pink turn into gray? Sigh.

18. Straighten front teeth. Now that I think about it, my teeth's straight. Sorta. Just not properly in front.

19. Get paid for a published article or story.

20. Write my very own blog layout html code.

21. Compose and write a song. I did this before. Posted the lyrics on one of my blogs. I'd forgotten about it and it isn't a song I can claim I finished writing.

22. Visit Korea. Just so.

23. Visit Ireland.

24. Design & paint/wallpaper a room.

25. Get 99 roses.

26. Obtain two rabbits.

27. Sing & dedicate the song 'Smile' by Uncle Kracker to a loved one.


The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.

I find myself giving much attention to the word 'often'. I agree that the best laid of plans can still go astray, but often? Do they? Even if someone does a huge research and survey on this, we'll never know.

Something someone wrote in their blog sometimes get stuck in my head. Something about how people simply throws everything into God's hand and do nothing. That's one extreme. The other's trying to plan everything so that life goes entirely your way.

Is it possible to totally surrender oneself to God, and still be able to plan and make the best effort to work that plan?

I'd planned several things that totally didn't happen. And I was able to let them go very easily. Too easily, maybe. My inclination towards that first extreme threatens to burden me with guilt sometimes. "I don't do enough. Where's the effort?"

The most obvious thing to do, when I can't find that balance, is to do what the Lord so obviously commands me to do. Why bother so much about plans that seem so complicated and neutral when I can't even properly obey the most straight-forward of commandments in the Bible?

I have to go now. Mum's going berserk again. So much for me planning to finish a proper blog post today. =)


Signed, Carmelia.


Feeling, alright.
Thinking, que sera sera, but take your steps forward anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment