Monday, June 6, 2011

Pa startles me, sometimes.

"Don't think about getting into a relationship first.... Study."

I've heard that before. Then...

"What if he leaves you? You must still be able to support yourself. Be independent. When you get a job and can support yourself, then there's nothing to fear. You can still pay for yourself if he leaves, you won't have to rely on anyone."

Wow. Pa, a feminist?

Not really. But still, that he focused on how important it is for me to be able to support myself without relying on a guy, instead of something like having to make him proud or support him & mum in their old age...

Although it's amusing how he'd even think that it's an option I'd want to depend on a guy for my future. Nigel or not, husband or not, perfect relationship or not, I have never really considered being a tag-alone girlfriend/wife an option. I'm going to earn my own bucks, dad.

On the other hand, I don't blame him for wanting to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment