Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday: Father's Day Cupcake

Sister Suk talked to me before music practice about Tasha miss calling me several times last night. She did- But since I forgot to change the mode to General from Silent, I didn't hear, and when I saw the miss calls, it was already around one in the morning. When I woke up...

Apparently it was because we have nothing for Father's Day this year. Oh dear. So Tasha had wanted to ask me about making my cupcakes. Funny why she didn't call again the next day. Oh well. Sister Suk asked if I could do it.

Of course I say yes.

Bake With Me in Lintas sells the cheapest butter & deco & cake box, but it was closed by five-thirty. So we had to go Consfood in Damai. I don't like Consfood in Damai. Everything summed up to RM50.70. I was not thinking properly, so now, after the cupcakes are baked and everything's done, I have a bag & half of flour, some castor sugar, some little white deco puff beads, a few marshmallows, and a ton of buttercream.

What I DID use up was half a bag of flour, most of the castor sugar, a little little white deco puff beads, most of the marshmallows, the icing sugar & two blocks of unsalted butter.

I did think that I might be taking a little too much, but I was scared that it wouldn't be enough, and I'd have to drive out again.

So it's okay. Better excess than not enough! The excess we'll keep for when I get the baking bug again.



At the rate I'm going, sleeping late and waking early and staring into computers and not taking naps & eating junk food (I'm trying to wean off that habit by having proper meals when I DO eat), I am VERY surprised that I'm not coughing or sneezing or having terrible headaches.

Okay, I did sneeze today. Twice. I forgot when.

Although my body feels like it's on the verge of aching, it's still fine.

My eyes, though. I'm a bit concerned. I think my degree went up a bunch recently- I can see things clearly that I had been able to from the same spot. Also, they felt really, really tired & heavy.

I think I've discovered why I feel sleepy. I'm not, it's just that my EYES are fatigued, so they want to close, so automatically when you close your eyes, you... sleep?

Going to go fetch Mei now at Cempaka Square!


Signed, Carmelia.

Thinking, magazine done, cupcakes done... Only homework left.
Feeling, satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment