Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday: Post-Paintball

Saturday (Yesterday) was a full day out for me.

My handphone rang in the morning & woke me up. I was all groggy. "Mmelou."
"Thung? Wake up already?"
Irritated much. "Mmbhaaaa."
"Because it's seven already oh."
"Mmmbhaaaaaa."
I shut the phone & went back to sleep. And then something clicked. Wait. Seven?

I ended up rushing out the house without brushing my teeth & compensating by gurgling water & chewing sugar-free gum.

I couldn't understand why I didn't wake up to the alarm that I'd set to ring at 6AM, but more than that, I couldn't understand why the MUET TEACHER in charge of the MUET EXAMINATIONS wasn't panicking that she was late for school.

Mysteries never cease.

I don't think I did very well for my MUET:

1. Reading: Was okay. Its weightage is the heaviest, 120 out of 300. But I wasn't very worried about this, because there were choices available, as opposed to Writing. Obviously, I did my best, but usually, during practices, I'd end up scoring less than 40 out of 45, even though the papers would be scribbled all over with arguments about why I'd chosen this and not that and why this is not accurate & how I'd argue about this answer... Honestly, trying to score a Reading paper is very good training for a lawyer-to-be.

2. Writing: I was most worried about this paper, & I was right to. Because I was almost perspiring & panicking around twenty minutes till time was up, because I was SO not satisfied with what I had for my Question 2, & my Question 1 wasn't done yet.

I'd expected something academic for Question 2. Instead, this popped out: "The most valuable thing in life is friendship." Do you agree? Discuss.

My points were basically A. Friendships are practical, B. Friendship helps us enjoy life more & C. Friendship builds character.

...Just thinking about my Writing paper makes me feel sad. Let's move on.

3. Listening: Best paper ever. All we have to do is listen, summarize stuff if needed, & write down answers. I don't have problems with spelling, my vocabulary's good enough to handle the more difficult summaries, & even though I have hearing problems (ask Nigel), I could still listen to the radio well.

However, it was so straightforward that I'm suspecting... Nah.


After MUET, after spending some time listening to laments & comments & hurrahs, after tapau-ing 2 packs of RM7 chicken rice from this Qing Yuan Chicken Rice Shop at 88 Commercial Centre, mum & I went home. I had lunch, watch a little television (Fairly Odd Parents!), took a shower & rushed off to Area 21.

Jason gave good directions: "Just drive past KDCA & go straighttttttttttttttttttttttttt until you see Area 21 on your right."

How direct. So why did Ashrul end up being thirty minutes late trying to find the place? God knows, but I enjoyed listening to the guys talking about what they'd do to him when he arrives :D

Paintball:

#Was fun. RM45 for 300 paintballs, & I didn't manage to finish them.

#I was disappointed that I didn't get shot at more. Tan Ming Xuan finally managed to shoot me three times, of which I'm thankful, but compared to the condition some of the others were in, it was not enough. It's alright, though. Next time I shall be like Jona, who went all Rambo & strutted towards his enemies in the open with his marker shooting balls like nobody's business.

#During the first match, Jona & Jason said all they could see was my butt, sticking out from behind one of the bunkers. They'd tried shooting at it but my butt would keep hiding out. Good job, butt. Not that they'd be accurate anyway, since they're not snipers, & my butt is NOT that big.

#Mental notes: 1. Wear sports shoes. Not Converses. 2. Do not wear jeans. 3. Do not wear white. 4. Do not wear spectacles. Tan Ming Xuan & Ashrul both went home with broken glasses; TMX stepped on his & Ashrul's kind of exploded inside the mask. At least, it seemed to have done that.


So after paintball, I went home, all sweaty & muddy. Rushed through shower, & went out again for

JJ's Western Food:

#I ordered what I'd ordered the last two times I've been there: Junior Portion Chicken Chop Black Pepper. I don't even need to look at the menu.

#Waited for everyone to arrive. That took almost an hour, so the ones who got their orders first didn't wait for everyone's orders to arrive. That'd be kind of stupid, since there were 25 of us. Jona's dad must've been grilling up a storm.

#Jona's daddeh is very cute <3 He smiles when I smile at him!



And when everyone was well-fed & satisfied, we went to the

Basketball Court:

#It was behind Easy Way in the Damai area. Well-lit, no mozzies, spacious, no mozzies, no mozzies, no mozzies.

#The guys had a basketball match, long trousers versus short pants.

#The girls tried taking jump shots.

#I made Doraemon take pictures of Yii Chyng. I absolutely adored her white blouse. Princess sleeves, see-through lace front & back top. & her jjeans were white washed. & her hair. SO NAISE.


It's three-thirty now. I have a lot more to describe, actually, but I guess I should get going now. Oh, and drama today was fun. Although there was some conflict between Kiren & Tasha, and Sonya. Poor Sonya. Sigh. I'd back her up if needed, really. I just don't want to be nosy, for now. Especially since I don't really know exactly what happened. But from what I know, I'd back Sonya.

And! Nigel got his laptop yesterday. If I'm not mistaken. Ahhhh my sense of time, my memory... When I get busy, everything seems to merge into one full day, & I don't remember the nights so it's all-

Okay, never mind.



Signed, Carmelia.

Feeling, I wanna go pee.
Thinking, go pee now & go sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment